This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add SFENCE.VMA instruction
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: nickc at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:42:36 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add SFENCE.VMA instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <mhng-df69fd78-e492-45a6-9df7-8ee859ce1328@palmer-mbp2014>
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:39:23AM -0800, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 03:33:40 PST (-0800), email@example.com wrote:
> > Note - it is customary to include ChangeLog entries as plain text rather
> > than context diffs. This is because the changelogs change so rapidly that
> > it is often not possible to apply a patch cleanly if they contain changelog
> > diffs.
> I've been using "git-merge-changelog" to merge my ChangeLog entries and haven't
> had a merge conflict yet.
Good point. I've been wondering about a change to our policy about
ChangeLog diffs for a while. With git and git-merge-changelog it is
actually *less* work for a maintainer to apply a patch if the diff
includes the ChangeLog. You just save the email to a temporary empty
mailbox somewhere, then "git am <mailbox>" plus perhaps a little
editing of the commit message and adding generated files.
Australia Development Lab, IBM