This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] cgen: opcodes: Fix memory corruption in in lookup
- From: Stafford Horne <shorne at gmail dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 06:58:48 +0900
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] cgen: opcodes: Fix memory corruption in in lookup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <CAH=s-POQMYW2P1OJmFFo1CA6jbWQH7B5qOkjN5kNP09Zpym76A@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 05:01:05PM +0000, Yao Qi wrote:
> Hi Stafford,
> opcodes/ changes should be reviewed in firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right, it was late when I sent this and I was working on a gdb bug. So
just sent it here. Resent now to binutils list.
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Stafford Horne <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The buf variable is used after it is free'd. This causes the lookups to
> > fail and also causes memory corruption.
> > Re-arrange the code a bit to make sure we always free memory before
> > returning. This was caught in openrisc testing, one of the only user of
> > this method.
> > opcodes/ChangeLog:
> > 2017-02-09 Stafford Horne <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > cgen-opc.c (cgen_lookup_insn): Fix memory corruption issue.
> ChangeLog format issue,
> 017-02-09 Stafford Horne <email@example.com>
> * cgen-opc.c (cgen_lookup_insn): Fix memory corruption issue.