This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SCORE target no longer has a maintainer
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:04:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: SCORE target no longer has a maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1/23/2017 10:28 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
The current maintainer for the SCORE target - Mei Ligang - is no
longer contactable so I am checking a patch to update the MAINTAINERS
GCC has this:
score port Chen Liqin <email@example.com>
But there is no hint of score in the source tree. It was
removed by Trevor Saunders in Oct 2014. gcc normally
follows pretty strict procedures before removing a target
so this is a strong hint it is dead.
Author: tbsaunde <tbsaunde@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
Date: Sat Oct 4 14:53:41 2014 +0000
remove score-* support
2014-10-04 Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am not going to deprecate the SCORE target itself just yet. I think
that if no-one comes forward to take over the target in the next year or
so though, then we will have to consider removing it.
Looks like it is dead. But an email to Trevor and Chen Liqin
would confirm that you can remove it this week.
What was the SCORE anyway? It's such a common term that I couldn't
find a hit for the CPU.
2017-01-23 Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
* MAINTAINERS: (SCORE): Remove Mei Ligang as maintainer. Add to Past Maintainers