Re: [ld, testsuite] Always assemble those intermeidate .o files used later

On 23/01/17 13:59, Christophe Lyon wrote:
Hi Jiong

On 23 January 2017 at 14:51, Jiong Wang <jiong.wang@foss.arm.com> wrote:
On 22/01/17 21:18, Alan Modra wrote:
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 04:17:37PM +0000, Jiong Wang wrote:
          * ld/testsuite/lib/ld-lib.exp (run_ld_link_exec_tests): Append
          board_cflags as gcc is used as linker driver.
          * ld/testsuite/ld-unique/unique.exp: Likewise
Thanks, this is OK.

Thanks for the review, pushed.

The only remaining failures on AArch64 bare-metal on my test environment is

FAIL: LTO 7
FAIL: LTO 8

Just curious: what is your test environment?

It's a full cross toolchain environment

 cross gcc + cross binutils + newlib

When cross-building+checking binutils for aarch64-none-elf, I have no
ld failure:
=== ld Summary ===

# of expected passes 470
# of expected failures 1
# of untested testcases 26
# of unsupported tests 33

Just wondering why?

I assume it's binutils only without all other toolchain components? If so, I guess some tests are simply returned, for example there are GCC availablilty check in ld-plugin/lto.exp etc.

which are caused by missing intermediate .o files.  The reason looks like
the
assemble of some prerequisite .o files are gated by shared library check
while
these .o are used later by non shared tests.

This patch simply split those compilation tests out to always run them,
meanwhile "LTO 7" has one .so participate linking, so it's gated by share
library check.

After this patch, above FAILs become UNSUPPORTED.
(I found some bare-metal tests actually are able to run on simulator, while
ld
testsuite environment seems only support native run, might be a seperate
issue)

Is this OK for master?

ld/
2017-01-23  Jiong Wang  <jiong.wang@arm.com>

         * testsuite/ld-plugin/lto.exp (lto_link_elf_tests): Move "Compile
7",
         "Compile 8a", "Compile 8b"...
         (lto_compile_elf_tests): ...to here.  Always run these tests.
         (lto_run_elf_tests): Move "LTO 7"...
         (lto_run_elf_shared_tests): ...to here.  Restrict these tests on
         environment where share library is supported.