This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld: Override default linker emulation at configure time
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:37:28 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld: Override default linker emulation at configure time
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 04:38:31PM +0000, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> This commit adds a new configure option for ld that allows the default
> linker emulation to be selected at configure time. The new option is:
> where NAME is the name of a linker emulation that would otherwise be
> valid for this target (as you'd pass to ld -mNAME). The validity of
> NAME is checked at configure time.
> The effect of this configure option is to make NAME the new default
> linker emulation. The old default is still available in the list of
> alternative emulations and can be selected with the -m option to ld.
Do you have an example where this would be useful, and wouldn't be
better to configure for the correct target?
Australia Development Lab, IBM