This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] PR 21054: Fix GOT when global symbols are forced to local visibility
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Vladimir Radosavljevic <Vladimir dot Radosavljevic at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "ccoutant at gmail dot com" <ccoutant at gmail dot com>, Petar Jovanovic <Petar dot Jovanovic at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:35:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] PR 21054: Fix GOT when global symbols are forced to local visibility
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3060420525346945A0ADBD567348A917EF93087E@BADAG04.ba.imgtec.org>
On 2017-01-18 18:23, Vladimir Radosavljevic wrote:
> Don't add global symbol that requires GOT entry to the dynamic symbol table if it is forced to local visibility.
> ChangeLog -
> PR gold/21054
> * mips.cc (Mips_got_info::record_global_got_symbol): Don't add symbol
> to the dynamic symbol table if it is forced to local visibility.
> (Target_mips::do_finalize_sections): Don't add __RLD_MAP symbol to the
> dynamic symbol table if it is forced to local visibility.
Thanks for the quick patch. I confirm it fixes the original issue, that
is systemd crashing when built with gold. Also note that the problem
also affects the 2.28 branch, so the patch would have to be backported
after commited to master.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B