This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] Use "set -e" in test scripts
- From: "Rahul Chaudhry via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 13:34:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] Use "set -e" in test scripts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJRD=ortTec5UUC2CaADhpWmZbmxaqRM3TQW5o0+OyTNr6Cjyw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJimCsHk9F=AMxo5WKfs-KNsTgdMSktFSqA41RKvK1=fyhmrQw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Rahul Chaudhry <rahulchaudhry at google dot com>
Thanks for your review.
What would be the next steps to get this patch merged?
I am a new contributor, and do not have write access to the repository.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Some tests in gold/testsuite/ run awk to check for errors.
>> The awk scripts use "exit 1" to indicate test failure, but
>> a few of those tests don't use "set -e", so the failures
>> get ignored. This patch adds "set -e" to those tests.
>> * testsuite/icf_safe_so_test.sh: Use "set -e".
>> * testsuite/icf_safe_test.sh: Likewise.
>> * testsuite/icf_test.sh: Likewise.
> Yes, this is OK. Thanks!