This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: nm dying on stripped .so's
- From: Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:55:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: nm dying on stripped .so's
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DB5E3D3A-2460-4994-A1DB-07353E326836@redfish-solutions.com>
> On Jan 11, 2017, at 9:45 PM, Philip Prindeville <email@example.com> wrote:
> I’ve got a valid .so that I’m trying to dump symbols of, but nm doesn’t like the fact that the section header size is zero… Or that’s what I’ve been able to ascertain, perhaps incorrectly.
> This is what I see:
> $ nm -D usr/lib/php/libevent.so
> nm: usr/lib/php/libevent.so: no symbols
> yet the file is otherwise fine:
After posting, I realized I should try to supply the file in question. It’s here: