This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils not installing ld and as
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Graham Reitz <grahamreitz at icloud dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:59:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: binutils not installing ld and as
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D540ECA-7BD6-42B1-A31F-68B14667B870@icloud.com>
> After successfully building and installing binutils-2.27, ld and as are not in the install’s /bin directory.
> Are they not being installed since the configure script found them on the host?
No. There are not built/installed because of the top level configure file. Have
a search for "darwin" and you should eventually find an entry like this:
noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld gas gprof"
noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs sim target-rda"
So quite a few tools are not built for MAC OS based hosts.