This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] Use "set -e" in test scripts
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Rahul Chaudhry <rahulchaudhry at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 17:49:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] Use "set -e" in test scripts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJRD=ortTec5UUC2CaADhpWmZbmxaqRM3TQW5o0+OyTNr6Cjyw@mail.gmail.com>
> Some tests in gold/testsuite/ run awk to check for errors.
> The awk scripts use "exit 1" to indicate test failure, but
> a few of those tests don't use "set -e", so the failures
> get ignored. This patch adds "set -e" to those tests.
> * testsuite/icf_safe_so_test.sh: Use "set -e".
> * testsuite/icf_safe_test.sh: Likewise.
> * testsuite/icf_test.sh: Likewise.
Yes, this is OK. Thanks!