This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] Propagate error status from awk in tests
- From: "Ian Lance Taylor via binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- To: Rahul Chaudhry <rahulchaudhry at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 15:14:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] Propagate error status from awk in tests
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJRD=ortygKw53tKhHG8HnFUJucrmeQhPpax-soqy16KGVhQXQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Rahul Chaudhry via binutils
> Some tests in gold/testsuite/ run awk to check for errors.
> The awk scripts use "exit 1" to indicate test failure, but
> the shell scripts didn't check for the exit status from awk.
> This patch adds the checks so failing tests actually fail.
In general the shell scripts use `set -e` to pick up failures in
programs that they run. Why isn't that working here?