This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: dynrelro section for read-only dynamic symbols copied into executable
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <nd at arm dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 18:43:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: dynrelro section for read-only dynamic symbols copied into executable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <20161226054448.GC340@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAKdteOZLvpisAhtWq44MxHHQPLAu0PcQE9LwGi9uEvUt8iT0TA@mail.gmail.com> <20170103115648.GD31129@bubble.grove.modra.org> <586F75A7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 06/01/17 10:47, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
> On 03/01/17 11:56, Alan Modra wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 11:12:38AM +0100, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>>> For the record, I see failures on some arm targets:
>>> FAIL: Build pr20995-2.so
>>> FAIL: pr20995-2
>>> for arm-netbsdelf and arm-none-eabi
>> That will be because these tests require working -z relro support, at
>> least to the point of generating a GNU_RELRO header.
> So should these tests be XFAILED on arm targets?
i think arm has -z relro support however PT_GNU_RELRO
header is not emitted if there is no DATA_SEGMENT_RELRO_END
specification in the linker script (which we probably
only have on linux, since shared libs and related features
are not used on baremetal targets).
i assume we could change the arm elf linker script, but
i don't know what are the exact implications of that.