Re: dynrelro section for read-only dynamic symbols copied into executable

On 06/01/17 10:47, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:

> On 03/01/17 11:56, Alan Modra wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 11:12:38AM +0100, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>>> For the record, I see failures on some arm targets:
>>> FAIL: Build pr20995-2.so
>>> FAIL: pr20995-2
>>> for arm-netbsdelf and arm-none-eabi
>> That will be because these tests require working -z relro support, at
>> least to the point of generating a GNU_RELRO header.
>>

> So should these tests be XFAILED on arm targets?

i think arm has -z relro support however PT_GNU_RELRO
header is not emitted if there is no DATA_SEGMENT_RELRO_END
specification in the linker script (which we probably
only have on linux, since shared libs and related features
are not used on baremetal targets).

i assume we could change the arm elf linker script, but
i don't know what are the exact implications of that.