This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: "Base" version in output of objdump
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Sasha Unknown <sasha2048 at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 16:26:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: "Base" version in output of objdump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> "objdump" dumps unversioned symbols in versioned shared object as having version "Base".
> Can be ambiguous (e.g. with symbol having version with explicit name "Base").
> I can write a patch that will cause objdump output unassigned version as "*BASE*"
> (similarly to "*ABS*" and "*UND*" section names); including testsuite. Should I?
Yes please do. But please remember to check the patch by running the ld, binutils and gas
testsuites, looking for regressions.
> Or would it be too incompatible change?
The easiest way around that is to add a command line option to control the choice of name.