This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 4/5] RISC-V/GAS: Improve handling of invalid relocs
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Cc: amorda at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:33:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] RISC-V/GAS: Improve handling of invalid relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Hi Palmer, Hi Andrew,
> 2016-12-21 Andrew Waterman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/tc-riscv.c (md_apply_fix): Report TLS relocations against
> constants. Report disallowed symbol subtractions.
Approved (for mainline) - please apply.
> + as_bad_where (fixP->fx_file, fixP->fx_line,
> + _("TLS relocation against a constant"));
FYI - I think that it might be possible to trigger this error message when
something other than a constant is involved, eg an expression that is too
complex, or a register name is used instead of a symbol name. In such cases
the error message might be considered a little confusing. This is not a
big issue now, but more of a heads-up in case you get complaints from users.