This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 20:25:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19E012B6-897D-476D-BD02-183EF834BC68@adacore.com>
> if we still follow the new plan, the next release should be made early 2017, which means the 2.28 branch should be created soon (TM).
> However, commit activity is still high and I'd prefer not to cut arbitrary.
> It would be nice if the branch could be created this week or the next week; if this doesn't work for you, please answer to this mail and share your plans!
Sorry, I meant to respond last week...
I've just checked in -z bndplt support in gold, which is what I really
wanted to get done for 2.28, so I'm OK with whenever you want to
I still have a bit of a backlog of gold patches to review, but nothing
worth holding up the release.
I'd like to bump the gold version number just before you make the
branch, so if you could give me a heads up, I'd appreciate it.