This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ambiguous file formats coff-x86_64 / pe-x86_64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 08:19:52 +1030
- Subject: Re: ambiguous file formats coff-x86_64 / pe-x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <585BF4AB020000780012BBF5@prv-mh.provo.novell.com>
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 07:43:39AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> binary. We've now had reports that on binutils with both coff-x86_64
> and pe-x86_64 configured in (but defaulting to ELF), linking fails due
> to the object being ambiguous.
match_priority was invented for exactly this sort of situation.
Australia Development Lab, IBM