This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] [MIPS] Enable non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support v2
- From: Aaro Koskinen <aaro dot koskinen at iki dot fi>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Faraz Shahbazker <faraz dot shahbazker at imgtec dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 02:36:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] [MIPS] Enable non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support v2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A15768.email@example.com> <56A157AF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <56A6BF93.firstname.lastname@example.org> <56B4EC43.email@example.com> <20160811210118.GA5342@aurel32.net>
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:01:18PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On 2016-02-05 10:38, Faraz Shahbazker wrote:
> > Bump!
> > Related patches for review:
> > * binutils: https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-01/msg00567.html
> > * gcc : https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-02/msg00444.html
> It seems that the patches are present in the 2.27 binutils release,
> while they are not yet ready on the glibc side (I guess still waiting
> on the IFUNC patches).
> This means that building binaries with -Wl,-z,noexecstack set the ABI
> version to 5 and we then have no way to execute them. Some configure
> scripts probe for the availability of this option and enable it
Would it be possible to revert (or provide option to disable) these
changes in binutils 2.28?