This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>, <sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:49:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1cHNui-0007Mpfirstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <20161215230316.GM10584@bubble.grove.modra.org> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > I'll see if there is something I could do right away as a temporary
> > > measure to unbreak 32-bit BFD configurations -- I would make the reference
> > > from `opcodes/mips-dis.c' to `bfd_mips_elf_get_abiflags' weak, however
> > > regrettably this does not appear supported, so maybe we'll require a dummy
> > > stub or suchlike hackery if MIPS target support is enabled, but not
> > > included in BFD.
> > Make the new ELF code in mips-dis.c conditional on BFD64?
> Ah, that sounds like the right direction, although I'd rather exclude all
> MIPS target support (Score wants that too, based on their code) at the
> `configure' level. It looks like we handle that already in ld/, by
> interpreting `want64' and pulling `../bfd/config.bfd' if required, so I'll
> see if I can import that into binutils/ as well. Thanks for the hint!
So I have followed your advice after all and made a minimal change (see
commit 4df995c77118 ("MIPS/opcodes: Only call `bfd_mips_elf_get_abiflags'
if BFD64")), because in such a configuration we may still have other MIPS
BFD targets configured, such as ECOFF, so the disassembler has to remain
fully functional for `objdump' at least.