This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] Add FreeBSD/mips targets to GDB
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 12:50:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] Add FreeBSD/mips targets to GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161206210015.40422-1-jhb@FreeBSD.org>
On 12/06/2016 09:00 PM, John Baldwin wrote:
> The first patch works around an issue where FreeBSD/mips core
> dumps from the kernel include an empty ei_flags value in the ELF
> header. This causes bfd to select the default MIPS architecture
> (bfd_mach_3000) even though it is a 64-bit core file. As a result,
> parsing the core dump notes doesn't work correctly since bits_per_word
> is 32. It's not clear to me if bfd shouldn't default to a 64-bit
> MIPS machine if the ELF header indicates a 64-bit class instead of
> this change?
> Changes since the first version are to address most (but perhaps not
> all) of the feedback from Luis Machado on patches 2 and 3.
The GDB changes are OK (once you've addressed the latest minor nits).
Thanks for the patches, and thanks Luis for reviewing this.
New targets/hosts deserve a gdb/NEWS entry. Can you write one?