This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>, <sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 23:19:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1cHNui-0007Mpemail@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20161215230316.GM10584@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Alan Modra wrote:
> > I'll see if there is something I could do right away as a temporary
> > measure to unbreak 32-bit BFD configurations -- I would make the reference
> > from `opcodes/mips-dis.c' to `bfd_mips_elf_get_abiflags' weak, however
> > regrettably this does not appear supported, so maybe we'll require a dummy
> > stub or suchlike hackery if MIPS target support is enabled, but not
> > included in BFD.
> Make the new ELF code in mips-dis.c conditional on BFD64?
Ah, that sounds like the right direction, although I'd rather exclude all
MIPS target support (Score wants that too, based on their code) at the
`configure' level. It looks like we handle that already in ld/, by
interpreting `want64' and pulling `../bfd/config.bfd' if required, so I'll
see if I can import that into binutils/ as well. Thanks for the hint!