This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>, sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:33:16 +1030
- Subject: Re: Your commit 'MIPS/opcodes: Also set disassembler's ASE flags from ELF structures' broke GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1cHNui-0007Mpfirstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 08:09:42PM +0000, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> I'll see if there is something I could do right away as a temporary
> measure to unbreak 32-bit BFD configurations -- I would make the reference
> from `opcodes/mips-dis.c' to `bfd_mips_elf_get_abiflags' weak, however
> regrettably this does not appear supported, so maybe we'll require a dummy
> stub or suchlike hackery if MIPS target support is enabled, but not
> included in BFD.
Make the new ELF code in mips-dis.c conditional on BFD64?
Australia Development Lab, IBM