This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- To: Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- To: gingold at adacore dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Kito Cheng <kito dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:54:35 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 01:49:19 PST (-0800), email@example.com wrote:
> if we still follow the new plan, the next release should be made early 2017, which means the 2.28 branch should be created soon (TM).
> However, commit activity is still high and I'd prefer not to cut arbitrary.
> It would be nice if the branch could be created this week or the next week;
> if this doesn't work for you, please answer to this mail and share your
Thanks for the heads up. We actually wanted to get a few things upstream
before a release, as our port got merged while still being a bit of a work in
progress. We've submitted a patch set
that we think is sufficient to do a proper release with (ie, maintaining ABI
compatibility forever). I don't want to cause too much trouble (and I
definitely don't want to hold up a release), but I really don't want to support
a bad set of ABI flags or relocations -- that would be a mess. Sorry if this
causes trouble! We'd really just like to get a sane port before anything gets
I'd also like to thank both Kito and Kuan-Lin, as without their help we would
never have been able to get things in as good of a shape as they currently are.