Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon

Hi Tristan,

> if we still follow the new plan, the next release should be made early
> 2017, which means the 2.28 branch should be created soon (TM).
>
> However, commit activity is still high and I'd prefer not to cut
> arbitrary. It would be nice if the branch could be created this week or
> the next week; if this doesn't work for you, please answer to this mail
> and share your plans!

 I still have a major MIPS feature to commit (which the recent commits are
a preparation to) and don't expect to have it there but by the end of next
week.  I thought you'd be creating the branch after the New Year only --
which I think would be reasonable due to the festive season and people
being busy with other activities.

  Maciej