This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- From: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:52:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19E012B6-897D-476D-BD02-183EF834BC68@adacore.com>
Tristan Gingold writes:
> if we still follow the new plan, the next release should be made early 2017, which means the 2.28 branch should be created soon (TM).
> However, commit activity is still high and I'd prefer not to cut arbitrary.
> It would be nice if the branch could be created this week or the next week; if this doesn't work for you, please answer to this mail and share your plans!
Ping the following three patches:
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2016-12/msg00059.html ([AArch64][1/4] Make GAS testcases support ILP32 mode)
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2016-12/msg00061.html ([AArch64][2/4] Make LD testcases support ILP32 mode)
Recognize R_AARCH64_P32_ABS32 as 32-bit relocation in readelf)
They are improvements to GAS and LD testsuite for ILP32 on AArch64. I
hope they can be included into 2.28