This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
type of compressed debug sections differing in ld.bfd and ld.gold on linux?
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:01:35 +0100
- Subject: type of compressed debug sections differing in ld.bfd and ld.gold on linux?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I didn't get feedback on
Is the type of the compressed debug sections really different on linux targets
in the BFD linker and gold? It looks wrong to me hard code the spec while you
are able to change the linker via an option in gcc. Or is this an oversight from
the solaris port where they seem to have different types for the compressed
debug sections for the solaris linker and the gold linker?