This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] gold/PR20717 Fix an issue where an unused orphan section is kept when the last output section has a KEEP statement.
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Igor Kudrin <ikudrin at accesssoftek dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 20:36:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] gold/PR20717 Fix an issue where an unused orphan section is kept when the last output section has a KEEP statement.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * script-sections.cc (Script_sections::output_section_name):
> Set output argument "keep" to false for orphan sections.
> * testsuite/Makefile.am (pr20717): New test.
> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> * testsuite/pr20717.c: New test source file.
> * testsuite/pr20717.sh: New test script.
> * testsuite/pr20717.t: New test linker script.
This is good, thanks!
I need to offer you my apologies for committing a fix for this earlier
this month without crediting you for it -- when I fixed this bug, I
had forgotten about this patch waiting in my queue for review, so I
went ahead and committed it without giving you proper credit for it.
I've added the test case you provided and added your name to the
earlier ChangeLog entry for the fix itself (which was identical to my