This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
"Base" version in output of objdump
- From: Sasha Unknown <sasha2048 at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:59:53 +0200
- Subject: "Base" version in output of objdump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
"objdump" dumps unversioned symbols in versioned shared object as having
Can be ambiguous (e.g. with symbol having version with explicit name
I can write a patch that will cause objdump output unassigned version as
"*BASE*" (similarly to "*ABS*" and "*UND*" section names); including
testsuite. Should I? Or would it be too incompatible change?