This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [binutils-gdb] Fix handling of MIPS16 HI16 relocs.
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 00:21:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [binutils-gdb] Fix handling of MIPS16 HI16 relocs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Fix handling of MIPS16 HI16 relocs.
> PR ld/16720
> * elfxx-mips.c (mips_elf_calculate_relocation): Remove overflow
> test for HI16 relocs.
Test case? Also the MIPS psABI does explicitly require an overflow check
here, so a commentary note is certainly due, perhaps also referencing the
comment in the switch case immediately below, where `_gp_disp' is handled
with R_MIPS16_LO16 relocations, which likewise are incorrectly required by
the psABI to be overflow-checked.
Thanks for handling the bug report.