This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why GNU LD puts ".?tor*" sections into ".text" section when linking a PE image?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Igor Kudrin <ikudrin at accesssoftek dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 15:08:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Why GNU LD puts ".?tor*" sections into ".text" section when linking a PE image?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> I've checked the behavior of MS tools and it looks like they use input
> sections ".CRT$XCU" for the same tasks as "ctor*" sections. The content
> of these sections goes to ".rdata" output section.
> I'm going to propose a patch to make the behavior of GNU ld more close
> to MS tools. What do you think?
I think that this is an excellent idea. You will need to be a bit paranoid
and run lots of tests I think - just to make sure that the patch does not
break anything. But in principle I am all for this patch.