This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
how to implement --push-state/--pop-state in gold?
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 16:50:18 +0100
- Subject: how to implement --push-state/--pop-state in gold?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In Debian and Ubuntu I'm getting bug reports from people trying to use
--push-state/--pop-state and then failing with gold. It would be nice to have
these options available in gold as well. Could somebody give me pointers
where/how to implement these?
Looking at the implementation in the bfd linker, I see that push/pop only
supports one state, and not a stack. However the documentation reads:
The --push-state allows to preserve the current state of the flags
which govern the input file handling so that they can all be restored
with one corresponding --pop-state option.
which I think documents a stack of states. Should the docs be changed?