This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V [PATCH v2]
- From: "Stefan O'Rear" <sorear2 at gmail dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 17:33:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V [PATCH v2]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Palmer Dabbelt <email@example.com> wrote:
> * https://github.com/riscv/riscv-gnu-toolchain/issues/124 : "sizeof(long
> double)" is 64-bit on RISC-V, which precludes the use of the Q extension for
> 128-bit floating point. This may cause an ABI-breakage.
It's slightly worse than just causing a problem for the Q-extension,
it contradicts the most recently published specification:
states that sizeof(long double) is 16.
Changing the spec to match gcc is an option of course (we can make
"long double" 64-bit and tell people to use __float128 when it becomes