This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V
- From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:50:07 PDT (-0700), firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>> We'd like to submit for inclusion in Binutils a port for the RISC-V
> One other thing that I forgot to mention. It would be helpful if you
> could add a patch to binutils/readelf.c to add code for this target.
> Specifically I am thinking of updates to these functions:
> Hmm, also I see that you are using an EM_RISCV ELF machine number, but
> there does not appear to be a patch to include/elf/common.h to add this
> value. Did I miss something ?
I think I screwed something up when splitting the patches for email, because
it's on my "riscv-master" branch (which contains all our commits merged into
binutils-gdb's master branch), but not on my "riscv-for-upstream" branch (which
has all the patches for a directory merged together).
I see EM_RISCV in all the implementations of those functions:
Good catch! We're missing a sizeable chunk of the port :). I'm going to
submit a v2 with your suggestions (and everyone else who has commented). I'll
try and screw it up less next time!