This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Waterman <palmer at dabbelt dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:40:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: Binutils/gas/ld port for RISC-V
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> We'd like to submit for inclusion in Binutils a port for the RISC-V
Thanks very much for submitting these patches. Before going any further
though, I have to ask: do all of the authors of these patches have FSF
binutils copyright assignments in place ? I see that SiFive have an
assignment, but are there any other authors involved in this work, and if
so, do they have copyright assignments ?
The next question is: is someone volunteering to be a maintainer for this
port ? A port without a maintainer is likely to bit-rot and eventually be
rendered obsolete. On the other hand volunteering to be a maintainer
should not be taken lightly as it does involve a commitment.
Lastly - are there publicly available documents describing the RISC-V ISA ?
It is handy to be able to refer to these if any questions arise about the
accuracy of the port.
I hope that these questions - and the patch reviews to follow - do not
put you off, and thanks once again for contributing to the binutils.