This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GAS][ARM]Generate unpredictable warning for pc used in data processing instructions with register-shifted register operand
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at foss dot arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:06:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [GAS][ARM]Generate unpredictable warning for pc used in data processing instructions with register-shifted register operand
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57FB6409.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <57FCDE48.email@example.com>
> In ARMARM (ARMv7-A and ARMv7-R edition),
Ah - good we are using the same manual.
> if d == 15 || n == 15 || m == 15 || s == 15 then UNPREDICTABLE;
Right - thanks - I was looking at the wrong instruction - CMN (register)
rather than CMN (register-shifted register). Doh!
It seems a little strange that the PC cannot be read by these type
of instructions, but if that is what the ARMARM says, then so be it.