This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH MIPS] Work around Bash 4.2 bug
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 14:34:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH MIPS] Work around Bash 4.2 bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> >> * emulparams/elf32bmipn32-defs.sh: Shift quote of
> >> "x$EMULATION_NAME" to the left to work around
> >> <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-4.2-patches/bash42-007>.
> > Patch approved and applies - with Hans-Peter's suggestion of a comment added as well.
> Great, thank you!
> The more general question of how to handle those buggy shells and how
> widespread they are remains, but at least this solves the immediate
> problem that we observed.
I'll see what I can do here, although I'm a bit loaded right now. I used
to write lots of `autoconf' stuff, but not in a while, so I need to dust
off my old knowledge.