This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH MIPS] Work around Bash 4.2 bug
- From: ludo at gnu dot org (Ludovic Courtès)
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 14:51:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH MIPS] Work around Bash 4.2 bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Clifton <email@example.com> skribis:
>> 2016-09-30 Ludovic Courtès <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * emulparams/elf32bmipn32-defs.sh: Shift quote of
>> "x$EMULATION_NAME" to the left to work around
> Patch approved and applies - with Hans-Peter's suggestion of a comment added as well.
Great, thank you!
The more general question of how to handle those buggy shells and how
widespread they are remains, but at least this solves the immediate
problem that we observed.