This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com (Peter Bergner)
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), amodra at gmail dot com (Alan Modra), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org (binutils)
- Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 16:39:43 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Peter Bergner wrote:
> >> + gdb_disassembler_cpu = strdup (PPC_DEFAULT_CPU",any");
> > Why do we have to know about this here in GDB? Can't the GDB default just
> > be the empty (or NULL) string, and then opcodes does the defaulting
> > (as it does today)?
> I thought it would be useful if the user does a "show powerpc disassembler"
> without ever doing a "set powerpc disassembler <cpu>" to show them what
> default cpu they're actually using. If you want this hunk removed, I
> can spit out 'default' in the case gdb_disassembler_cpu is NULL.
Yes, I think this would be better.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain