This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Pass link_info to _bfd_merge_private_bfd_data
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 12:48:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Pass link_info to _bfd_merge_private_bfd_data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161007005715.GF4877@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Alan Modra wrote:
> Most BFD linker functions take a bfd_link_info param, which reinforces
> the fact that they are linker functions and allow access to linker
> callbacks, eg. einfo for printing errors. I was going to use einfo
> for --fatal-warnings support before I decided a better way was the
> patch commit 4519d071.
Yikes! This obsoletes my earlier proposal for MIPS NaN interlinking:
"BFD: Pass link information to `bfd_merge_private_bfd_data'",
<https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-11/msg00181.html>, making it one
patch less to handle. Thanks!