This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GDB] Use AC_CHECK_SIZEOF to test for PRFPREGSET_T_BROKEN
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 00:41:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [GDB] Use AC_CHECK_SIZEOF to test for PRFPREGSET_T_BROKEN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57E92E06.email@example.com>
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Matthew Wahab
> If the GDB configure script finds sys/procfs.h and the prfpregset_t
> type, it checks whether prfpregset_t is usable, setting
> PRFPREGSET_T_BROKEN if so. It does this using AC_TRY_RUN to test the
> value of sizeof(prfregset_t). This doesn't work for cross-compiled
> builds so for those PRFPREGSET_T_BROKEN is always set.
> This patch replaces the use of AC_TRY_RUN with a test that uses
> AC_CHECK_SIZEOF to decide whether to set PRFPREGSET_T_BROKEN. This can
> be run for cross-compiled builds.
> Tested by cross-compiling for aarch64-none-linux-gnu and recent
> glibc and by building with the logic inverted, to check the conditional was
> correctly executing. Also by building for native x86_64-none-linux-gnu.
> Ok for trunk?
Thanks for the follow-up patch. The patch should be sent gdb-patches@ mailing