This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, committed] Finalize ISA 3.0 instruction support.
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 07:36:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, committed] Finalize ISA 3.0 instruction support.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <57DA674B020000780010F143@prv-mh.provo.novell.com>
On 9/15/16 2:18 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 15.09.16 at 05:26, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
This patch modifies the ISA 3.0 instruction support to match the finalized
ISA 3.0 documentation. Committed.
So the rushing in of things before 2.27 (or was it 2.26.1) didn't really
I think your comment "rushing in of things" is a mischaracterization of
what happened. I had a patch ready to go and simply asked if there was
still time to commit it before the release. I was not asking for the
release to be held so that I could commit it.
I also do not think it was a waste of time committing it then.
The patch I committed now was only a small cleanup, so the support
in the last release is just fine.