Re: Deprecating and removing old targets

Hi Guys,

> On 12/09/16 08:37, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after a short discussion at the GNU cauldron 2016, I'd like to hear opinion about removing old targets in bfd.
> It is hard to know whether or not they are used, so if you are using an old target please speak up.

Just to be clear, in case anyone reading Tristan email does not know
this, any targets that we do decide to remove would first be added to
the obsolete targets list (in bfd/config.bfd), and only once a major
release has happened (probably 2.28 in this case), would we start
actually removing code.

For the record, I am all for removing unwanted targets, as long as we
are reasonably sure that they really are not being used any more.