This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] bfd: allow negative offsets to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ in elf64 SPARC
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:29:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] bfd: allow negative offsets to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ in elf64 SPARC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Can you guys think on anything that may break due to this?
Nope. I assume that you have tested it on real hardware ?
> Otherwise, any objection to getting this pushed to binutils?
None - please apply.
> 2016-09-12 Jose E. Marchesi <email@example.com>
> * elfxx-sparc.c (_bfd_sparc_elf_size_dynamic_sections): Allow
> negative offsets to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ if the .got section is
> bigger than 0x1000 bytes.