This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Does Objdump Support Symbols from Windows PDB Files?
- From: Ian Kronquist <ian dot kronquist at barkly dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 14:40:43 -0400
- Subject: Does Objdump Support Symbols from Windows PDB Files?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I read the objdump man page and glanced at the sources, but I do not
see any way to combine the output of a Windows PDB debug symbol file
with an executable and view the disassembly. This would be quite
useful for me when I need to debug a driver BSoD which happened on a
Is there a way to do this?
If not, would a patch be welcome?
If a patch is welcome, I would appreciate high level pointers about
what would need to be changed and added to the objdump code. If there
are other binutils which could benefit from this functionality I'd be
curious to hear about those too.