This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
.startof.() / .sizeof.() support status
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 02:04:50 -0600
- Subject: .startof.() / .sizeof.() support status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
in response to a patch which I submitted to another project and which
tries to start making use of these two gas operators I've faced
resistance due to them being completely undocumented. Is such to be
understood as an indication that they may go away down the road?
(And no, I'm not really up to contributing a doc patch myself.)
Additionally, is it known whether non-GNU tool chain components (e.g.
clang/llvm) support them?