This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [SPARC] opcodes, gas: fix mnemonic of camellia_fl
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:08:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [SPARC] opcodes, gas: fix mnemonic of camellia_fl
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This patch fixes a typo in the mnemonic of the camellia_fl instruction,
> which was implemented before as camellia_fi.
Is there any chance that the misspelt mnemonic could be present in assembler
source files out in the wild ? Ie do we need to support the misspelt
mnemonic for backwards compatibility ? Or maybe issue a error message
describing the correct spelling ?