This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- From: "Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)" <bseshadr at cisco dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>, "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:35:53 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <e124ab5c838a46a1a831cd4caa52c501@XCH-RTP-013.cisco.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAJimCsGs2eP-LbeAy8=kSrhxw01+GnyN1F9RyTdeOa6bGOPjkw@mail.gmail.com>
Hi Richard, Cary,
My application is arm only and non-thumb, so I did not include the thumb patch in the initial implementation. I'm now extending it to cover thumb. I'll post the patch when I'm done with testing.
From: Cary Coutant [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 8:22 AM
To: Richard Earnshaw (lists)
Cc: Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr); firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
> Why are you only swapping ARM code? Thumb is just the same, but in
> granules of 2 bytes rather than 4.
I'm waiting for an answer to Richard's question. Aside from that, there are only a few minor formatting issues that I'll fix before committing.