This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- From: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- To: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)" <bseshadr at cisco dot com>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "ccoutant at gmail dot com" <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:35:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGfacvSqy7sY2Y9YuQq=L-z10NsUVtMFHZG-nm-nSX2E36yXhg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Umesh Kalappa <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Doug /Sriram.
> Any inputs/suggestions here ,will be appreciated .
I don't think I can be of much help here, not familiar with ARM.
> Thank you
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This patch implements the BE8 support for ARM in the gold linker. It has been tested on a non-trivial large program (size ~120MB).
>> Thanks to Cary Coutant for his initial review.
>> 2016-07-07 Bharathi Seshadri <email@example.com>
>> * options.h (General_options): Add --be8 option.
>> * arm.cc (Arm_relobj::do_relocate_sections): Add code to swap for be8.
>> (Output_data_plt_arm_standard::do_fill_first_plt_entry): Likewise.
>> (Output_data_plt_arm_short::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
>> (Output_data_plt_arm_long::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
>> (Target_arm::do_adjust_elf_header): Do EF_ARM_BE8 adjustment.