This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PowerPC64 ELFv1 undefined weak functions
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:58:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: PowerPC64 ELFv1 undefined weak functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160811033257.GD3677@bubble.grove.modra.org>
> Undefined weak functions, like __gmon_start__, were not being made
> dynamic or emitting plt call code. While the behaviour of undefined
> weak symbols is not defined in the ELF standard, the intention on
> powerpc64 was to make it possible to link without a definition of such
> symbols and at run time behave the same as if a definition was found
> at link time in a shared library.
Do you think that it would be worth creating a new test, probably in gcc,
to check that this behaviour does work as expected ?