This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: FW: Is there bug in elf64_alpha_copy_indirect_symbol() of binutils/bfd/elf64-alpha.c?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: jmwei at hxgpt dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:17:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: FW: Is there bug in elf64_alpha_copy_indirect_symbol() of binutils/bfd/elf64-alpha.c?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I am studying elf64-alpha.c. I think there is one bug in the below function.
> Because I cannot send mail to Richard Henderson, so I send this mail to you.
I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email. I was hoping that an Alpha
expert would answer your question, but since no-one has stepped up, I have had
a look at the code.
I have to say that I agree with your analysis. There is indeed a bug, and the
correction you propose is the right way to solve the problem. So I have checked
the patch in, along with the changelog entry below.
Thank you very much for reporting this problem and providing the solution.
2016-08-09 Jiaming Wei <email@example.com>
* elf64-alpha.c (elf64_alpha_copy_indirect_symbol): Fix thinko
adjusting the use_count of merged .got entries.