RE: Broadcom XLP support

> > On this score, they did.  I believe they contracted the toolchain changes
> > through someone like codesourcery.  The primary guy that knew about this
> > processor recently resigned from Broadcom, whether the new people
> > have the inclination to push back to you is unknown.  It appears that
> > the contractor for the toolchain pushed back to openembedded in place
> > of directly to you.  If I were to give you the original patch against
> > 2.24, would that be acceptable to you?
>
> Note the main reason why they pushed back to openembedded was because
> it was a requirement for windriver's toolchain instead of fully
> upstream :).
> Anyways I pushed the octeon3 changes upstream so I did not have to
> support windriver or openembedded folks they could just grab the patch
> from upstream.

Hmmm, does this mean there is bad blood with you guys on this?

Hopefully you won't lump me into that camp, as all I want is to make it
so that I can grab the latest binutils (three years from now) and not
have to go through the pain of pulling this patch forward.

BTW, I have the patch for 2.26 as well.  I can send both, again, if that
would be acceptable to you.

On the other suggestion, I'm working on that one and will give it
a try in the morning.

Thanks again,
Andy